Performance Comparison VW CBEA-CJAA 2.0L
VW CBEA-CJAA 2.0L Tune Details
|142 hp @ 4000 rpm||162 hp @ 3500 rpm (> 160hp from 3300 - 4000 rpm)|
|239 lb-ft @ 2000 - 2500 rpm||316 lb-ft @ 2350rpm|
As presented above, the GDE tune achieves huge gains along the torque curve for improving the performance gains. GDE also achieves engine power above 160hp from 3300 - 4000 rpm which improves the pulling power when accelerating for a smooth, linear feeling. Declared gains are 70 lb-ft (at 2350rpm), 20 hp @ 4000rpm, and 24hp @ 3500rpm. These performance improvements translate to approx. 1-1.2sec faster in a 0-60mph acceleration (from standing start).
Real-world Consumption Improvements
One of the main goals of the GDE tuning is to achieve a cleaner combustion output that results in keeping the engine cleaner internally and gaining fuel economy. These changes translate into a direct fuel cost savings to the customer which not only saves money while making the vehicle more fun to drive, but also gives a payback to the cost of the tuning. Characterized over a repeated drive cycle, the GDE tune delivers consistent and proven gains in fuel economy. Depending on your drive cycle profile, improvements are in the range of 4-7 miles/gallon.
A fleet of beta testers ran for 3-4 months before public release of the tune to validate the above claims and over 20000+ miles all data is confirmed.
Benefits and Features of the GDE tunes for the VW 2.0L CBEA-CJAA engines
- Optimized fuel economy (4-7mpg* improvement) while driving
- Reduced engine soot (in exhaust, in intake manifold, and in oil)
- Engine longevity increased due to cleaner combustion
- Warm engine idle speed lowered to 750rpm for fuel consumption improvement (40%)
- Cold engine idle speed increased for faster vacuum build-up for turbo response
- Modified idle control during coasting to eliminate unnecessary fuel burn
- More responsive idle torque controller to make easier launching the vehicle on the low idle governor instead of needing to apply accelerator
- Updated soot models and regeneration triggers based on GDE Combustion Concepts
- Longer intervals between regenerations, 700-800mi or more in certain conditions compared to 100-300mi with stock tuning
- Faster time-to-torque giving elevated customer confidence in the driving experience
- Required accelerator pedal effort to hold constant speeds is reduced
- Engine performance is improved over stock from sea level to 12000ft elevation
- Lower pump hardware noise (due to filling volume in pumping chamber)
- Decreased fuel heating when not needed
* 4-7 mpg fuel economy improvement is an estimate based on engineering tests and data collected: your personal gain might be higher or lower depending on your usage and driving habits.