[Logo] GDE Forum - Home for the best in diesel powertrain tuning
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Members] Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Passenger side engine mount replacement  RSS feed
Forum Index » Engine Mounts
Author Message
GreenDieselEngineering
[Avatar]

Joined: 10/07/2009 07:25:47
Messages: 350
Location: Southeast Michigan
The Jeep Liberty CRD is equipped with hydromounts that do a better job isolating the engine vibration from the body as compared with more conventional mounts. However, the durability of the hydromount is not the best and tends to break internally with vehicle mileage above 70,000 miles. When this occurs the vibration will be increased when idling in gear. If the noise/vibration is higher while idling in drive compared to reverse, then the passenger side mount is failed. If the opposite is true then the driver's side is failed. The noise/vibration should be roughly the same in drive and reverse while idling with brake pressed if both mounts are still good. The passenger side mount is more prone to failure as it is loaded more in drive and tends to have higher heat loading due to the close proximity to the exhaust pipe. Below is a link for the passenger side engine mount removal/replacement, be patient with the download as it is a large file:


GDE Engine Mount Replacement Process v4
[WWW]
flman
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/08/2009 19:59:32
Messages: 74
Offline
Does both sides use the same mounts?

Still Burnin Oil since 1992!
2010 John Deere 2305 3 cylinder Yanmar
GDE HOT!! Tuned 2006 CRD LTD Silver, Euro TC, GDE Tuned TCM, B&M Trans drain kit
GDE ECO Tuned 2006 CRD Sport Black, B&M Trans drain kit, Front and rear hooks, Full Skids
GDE ECO Tuned 2005 MB 2500 Sprinter Van
2010 MB 2500 Sprinter Van
GreenDieselEngineering
[Avatar]

Joined: 10/07/2009 07:25:47
Messages: 350
Location: Southeast Michigan
Yes, both sides use the same mount. The driver's side should allow for easier access.
[WWW]
flman
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/08/2009 19:59:32
Messages: 74
Offline
Good, I bought one for the Sport, but never got around to putting it in, I will wait until I have to crawl under the beast to replace the torque converter or something that put me in that situation.

Still Burnin Oil since 1992!
2010 John Deere 2305 3 cylinder Yanmar
GDE HOT!! Tuned 2006 CRD LTD Silver, Euro TC, GDE Tuned TCM, B&M Trans drain kit
GDE ECO Tuned 2006 CRD Sport Black, B&M Trans drain kit, Front and rear hooks, Full Skids
GDE ECO Tuned 2005 MB 2500 Sprinter Van
2010 MB 2500 Sprinter Van
retired


My driver's side one needs replacing. Any pointers or things to look out for on that one? Thanks!
GreenDieselEngineering
[Avatar]

Joined: 10/07/2009 07:25:47
Messages: 350
Location: Southeast Michigan
It should be roughly the same procedure as the right side mount, however, the lower nut might require a little more finess to gain access to and loosen. Good Luck!
[WWW]
retired


You aren't kidding about that lower nut. I can't seem to get to it. You don't, by chance, have any helpful hints or suggestions? The front diff is right underneath it!
flman
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/08/2009 19:59:32
Messages: 74
Offline
Anonymous wrote:You aren't kidding about that lower nut. I can't seem to get to it. You don't, by chance, have any helpful hints or suggestions? The front diff is right underneath it!


Did you try a universal joint socket?
retired


Yep. With and without combinations of various length extensions. I may see if I can find some half-moon or s-shaped wrenches to try out. There has to be a way to get to that thing. It's probably something simple that I'm overlooking.
retired


Anonymous wrote:Yep. With and without combinations of various length extensions. I may see if I can find some half-moon or s-shaped wrenches to try out. There has to be a way to get to that thing. It's probably something simple that I'm overlooking.



does anyone have part numbers ?
flman
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/08/2009 19:59:32
Messages: 74
Offline
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Yep. With and without combinations of various length extensions. I may see if I can find some half-moon or s-shaped wrenches to try out. There has to be a way to get to that thing. It's probably something simple that I'm overlooking.



does anyone have part numbers ?


52129011AD
 
Forum Index » Engine Mounts
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.4.1 © 2015 JForum Team • Maintained by Andowson.com