[Logo] GDE Forum - Home for the best in diesel powertrain tuning
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Members] Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
2016 Colorado and Canyon 2.8 diesel  RSS feed
Forum Index » Product Questions
Author Message
jasaero

Joined: 12/05/2016 16:43:37
Messages: 7
Offline
Any new year updates yet? This thread is now over a year old and seems you guys have had 8-10 months optimizing.....even if it's not ready....would be cool to see what the progress and latest iterations on your work are showing.
Scurvynick

Joined: 15/02/2017 08:14:19
Messages: 1
Offline
Any more updates? Last I heard was it should be ready sometime in February.
Devilmonkey

Joined: 03/12/2015 22:13:01
Messages: 8
Offline
anything new?
GreenDieselEngineering
[Avatar]

Joined: 10/07/2009 07:25:47
Messages: 348
Location: Southeast Michigan
This project is a bit delayed due to finding a flash tool to write files at a lower cost vs. HP Tuners or EFI Live. We are also under construction in our dyno lab, so no testing the last 2 months. We hope to have this complete in the next few months.
[WWW]
jasaero

Joined: 12/05/2016 16:43:37
Messages: 7
Offline
If some of us purchase EFI Live V2 is the tune effectively ready for sale then? Or is it a bit more than just working on cheaper device to upload tune?
Devilmonkey

Joined: 03/12/2015 22:13:01
Messages: 8
Offline
GreenDieselEngineering wrote:This project is a bit delayed due to finding a flash tool to write files at a lower cost vs. HP Tuners or EFI Live. We are also under construction in our dyno lab, so no testing the last 2 months. We hope to have this complete in the next few months.


Thank you for the update.... we were getting worried.
Its just that you did such a fine job with the Jeep I had, I really don't trust the tunes from the others that kicked them out overnight.
kldaw60

Joined: 06/04/2017 18:57:48
Messages: 3
Offline
Just wondering if you will give an e-mail notice to people for the GDE tune on the 2016 Duramax when it is completed and ready for sale. I have been patiently waiting as a lot of people are for your new tune. Thanks.... Kev
GreenDieselEngineering
[Avatar]

Joined: 10/07/2009 07:25:47
Messages: 348
Location: Southeast Michigan
We will post everywhere when the tuning is ready. Not sure if we will do EFI live tuning or not yet. Our other system lets us changes thousands more maps in the software vs. EFI Live. EFI is a very rudimentary tuning tool and I find it does not offer much in terms of allowing a well balanced tune to be developed. It just does not have many mapped addresses, so you cant change the most important items.
[WWW]
kldaw60

Joined: 06/04/2017 18:57:48
Messages: 3
Offline
Sounds good. I'll try holding out a little while longer. By the sounds of it, it may be quite awhile before it's ready for market. Thanks for the update. Tax money burning a hole in my pocket YA know
kymidnight

Joined: 12/07/2017 11:03:33
Messages: 1
Location: Louisville KY
Offline
I just bought a colorado zr2 diesel and am eagerly awaiting the ability to off-road the exhaust. I got the tunes from you guy when I had my diesel liberty and it was some of the best money I spent on the jeep. I can't wait to for you to release something. Oh, and if you need a test bed vehicle, I totally volunteer mine
kldaw60

Joined: 06/04/2017 18:57:48
Messages: 3
Offline
You know if you're not going to sell a tune for this I wish you would come clean so I can look elsewhere. It seems that nothing is being said on your end about the time frame as of late. I can understand testing your product but you can't tell me with all the data you have on the Liberty 2.8 that something would not be ready after almost a year and a half. If it's a deal where your needing more market people to make the release more affordable and appealing for you then I would say this tune may never make the market. This is a new diesel I understand that but you can't wait for the market to catch up with you. In other words be honest with people up front about whether there is actually going to be a release or not. Thanks for your time
GreenDieselEngineering
[Avatar]

Joined: 10/07/2009 07:25:47
Messages: 348
Location: Southeast Michigan
kldaw60 wrote: You know if you're not going to sell a tune for this I wish you would come clean so I can look elsewhere. It seems that nothing is being said on your end about the time frame as of late. I can understand testing your product but you can't tell me with all the data you have on the Liberty 2.8 that something would not be ready after almost a year and a half. If it's a deal where your needing more market people to make the release more affordable and appealing for you then I would say this tune may never make the market. This is a new diesel I understand that but you can't wait for the market to catch up with you. In other words be honest with people up front about whether there is actually going to be a release or not. Thanks for your time


We are going on our altitude validation trip in CO late August and hot weather trailer tow testing in AZ. After that the tune will be finalized and ready for release in September. Past data on the Liberty is useless on the Colorado as the ecm is different and the hardware is different. We take our time and get it right. We are also working on the larger Dmax congruently, so that slows us down a bit.
[WWW]
jasaero

Joined: 12/05/2016 16:43:37
Messages: 7
Offline
GreenDieselEngineering wrote:
kldaw60 wrote: You know if you're not going to sell a tune for this I wish you would come clean so I can look elsewhere. It seems that nothing is being said on your end about the time frame as of late. I can understand testing your product but you can't tell me with all the data you have on the Liberty 2.8 that something would not be ready after almost a year and a half. If it's a deal where your needing more market people to make the release more affordable and appealing for you then I would say this tune may never make the market. This is a new diesel I understand that but you can't wait for the market to catch up with you. In other words be honest with people up front about whether there is actually going to be a release or not. Thanks for your time


We are going on our altitude validation trip in CO late August and hot weather trailer tow testing in AZ. After that the tune will be finalized and ready for release in September. Past data on the Liberty is useless on the Colorado as the ecm is different and the hardware is different. We take our time and get it right. We are also working on the larger Dmax congruently, so that slows us down a bit.


Is the flash tool for delivery decided on yet?
GreenDieselEngineering
[Avatar]

Joined: 10/07/2009 07:25:47
Messages: 348
Location: Southeast Michigan
jasaero wrote:
GreenDieselEngineering wrote:
kldaw60 wrote: You know if you're not going to sell a tune for this I wish you would come clean so I can look elsewhere. It seems that nothing is being said on your end about the time frame as of late. I can understand testing your product but you can't tell me with all the data you have on the Liberty 2.8 that something would not be ready after almost a year and a half. If it's a deal where your needing more market people to make the release more affordable and appealing for you then I would say this tune may never make the market. This is a new diesel I understand that but you can't wait for the market to catch up with you. In other words be honest with people up front about whether there is actually going to be a release or not. Thanks for your time


We are going on our altitude validation trip in CO late August and hot weather trailer tow testing in AZ. After that the tune will be finalized and ready for release in September. Past data on the Liberty is useless on the Colorado as the ecm is different and the hardware is different. We take our time and get it right. We are also working on the larger Dmax congruently, so that slows us down a bit.


Is the flash tool for delivery decided on yet?



Same tool we use on several of the other diesel vehicles we tune. It works on the 2016 no problem, we need to test it on the 2017 due to GM making some communication changes on the OBD port.
[WWW]
Devilmonkey

Joined: 03/12/2015 22:13:01
Messages: 8
Offline
It's September......
 
Forum Index » Product Questions
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.4.1 © 2015 JForum Team • Maintained by Andowson.com