[Logo] GDE Forum - Home for the best in diesel powertrain tuning
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Members] Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
New tune available for the KJ transmission  RSS feed
Forum Index » Transmission Tune
Author Message
GreenDieselEngineering
[Avatar]

Joined: 10/07/2009 07:25:47
Messages: 353
Location: Southeast Michigan
We have finalized a tune for the CRD to help with city fuel economy, towing and quicker shifting. This tune is not compareable to the pre-F37 stock TCM. The tune provides 3rd gear lock-up at 35 mph, 4th gear lock-up at 46mph and 5th gear lock-up at 58mph. Shifting is quicker due to allowing lock-to-lock shifts. In city driving conditions the tune provides more connected feel to the drivetrain and eliminates the constant rpm change everytime the accel pedal is pressed, thus providing a good fuel economy gain in city. With more lock-up the trans fluid temps stay lower due to less heat load from the torque converter.

The tune also helps with towing by allowing the customer the option to tow at 55mph in 3rd, 4th, or 5th lock-up. 3rd is available by using the OD off button and the trans will pull in 4th if one accelerates to 55mph and sets the cruise or just maintains speed. 5th is possible by accelerating above 58mph and then slowing down to 55mph. It will hold 5th gear down to 52mph.

During the vehicle warm-up the transmission will not lock-up until the trans fluid reaches normal operating temps...this is the same as stock during the warm-up.

This tune requires sending us the transmission controller (TCM). We will be adding step by step directions for removing this module soon.

[WWW]
stoutdog

Joined: 19/07/2009 14:25:03
Messages: 11
Offline
You guys are fantastic!!! I will be shipping my TCM to you as soon as I get back home

Is the tune compatible with the stock TC?

P.S. Kinda creepy that I responded in ~4 minutes... I swear I just randomly jumped on here
WolverineFW

Joined: 15/07/2009 13:53:26
Messages: 4
Offline
Same question as Stoutdog........is it compatible with the stock torque converter?

Also, are you going to have the same core exchange service as with the ECU's? You send us the tune on a TCM and we send you our original back? I cannot afford the downtime and don't have a spare TCU.
GreenDieselEngineering
[Avatar]

Joined: 10/07/2009 07:25:47
Messages: 353
Location: Southeast Michigan
At this time we do not have any spare TCMs to do an exchange program, we are waiting on receiving an order of extra parts. The trans tune has been tested on aftermarket and stock torque converters and both seem to show good behavior thus far. We are a little concerned about the longevity of the stock TC in any case, but this just relates to the strength of the lock-up clutch springs. We did our best to make everything transparent and work well with the various hardware available on the KJ.
[WWW]
retired


Definitely will be watching this thread for further details/info.

WXman
[Avatar]

Joined: 29/01/2010 14:53:49
Messages: 28
Location: Kentucky
Offline
Anonymous wrote:Definitely will be watching this thread for further details/info.



Oops. I forgot to log in.

'05 Liberty CRD Limited
Factory Off-Road Package
Daystar spacer lift/Conduit washers
Skyjacker H7088s in the rear
Renegade wheels
255/70-16 General Grabber AT2s
GDE HOT Tune
EHM
No clutch fan
"Euro" TC
linewarbr
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/07/2009 12:13:13
Messages: 19
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Offline
I'm on this like a hobo on a ham sandwich, but. . . .

This time around I need the exchange program as well. Working away from home and don't have access to another vehicle.

In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?

*SOLD* 2006 Jeep Green CRD Sport
Build Date 12/2005
EHM, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, Green Diesel Engineering Tune
245/70/16 Destination A/T's

2007 WK CRD Limited, stock AFAIK
Hydraulic Jack

Joined: 12/04/2010 23:08:54
Messages: 3
Offline
I'm loving mine so far! HJ
stoutdog

Joined: 19/07/2009 14:25:03
Messages: 11
Offline
GreenDieselEngineering wrote:At this time we do not have any spare TCMs to do an exchange program, we are waiting on receiving an order of extra parts. The trans tune has been tested on aftermarket and stock torque converters and both seem to show good behavior thus far. We are a little concerned about the longevity of the stock TC in any case, but this just relates to the strength of the lock-up clutch springs. We did our best to make everything transparent and work well with the various hardware available on the KJ.


By this, do you mean that you are concerned about the longevity of the stock TC regardless of whether or not you have a tune? I don't particularly want to rapidly accelerate the death of my TC and then have to fork over another couple hundred bucks.
GreenDieselEngineering
[Avatar]

Joined: 10/07/2009 07:25:47
Messages: 353
Location: Southeast Michigan
stoutdog wrote:
GreenDieselEngineering wrote:At this time we do not have any spare TCMs to do an exchange program, we are waiting on receiving an order of extra parts. The trans tune has been tested on aftermarket and stock torque converters and both seem to show good behavior thus far. We are a little concerned about the longevity of the stock TC in any case, but this just relates to the strength of the lock-up clutch springs. We did our best to make everything transparent and work well with the various hardware available on the KJ.


By this, do you mean that you are concerned about the longevity of the stock TC regardless of whether or not you have a tune? I don't particularly want to rapidly accelerate the death of my TC and then have to fork over another couple hundred bucks.



Yes we are concerned about the longevity of the stock TC regardless of what tune is in the vehicle as it is a borderline design. The trans tune should not cause shudder with stock engine power or with the ECO tune. There may be more driveline "grumble" when the trans is locked-up from 1400 rpm to 1600 rpm, but this is normal and will not cause long-term issues. It is just a function of the excitation frequency and the driveline stiffness...sorry for the engineer speak.
[WWW]
CRD Joe
[Avatar]
Joined: 18/07/2009 21:11:02
Messages: 49
Location: Seattle, Washington
Offline
This should work very well with my Suncoast TC. Great. Ive wanted this since I bought my truck. As soon as you guys can post a "How to" remove that sucker Im sending it in.

'05 CRD
Suncoast, Transco, Inmotion, Provent, ORM Snorkle, HID's, 2.5" Cat back no muffler, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Cat 2 filter
glend
[Avatar]
Joined: 26/05/2010 18:26:38
Messages: 4
Location: Sydney, Australia
Offline
Keith will the TCM tune be ready for Australia when you come down? As we can't ship our TCMs to you it will need to be flashed here is that correct?

2007 KJ CRD Auto, Silver
Nudge Bar, Skid Plates,
3" lift & OME, Polyair
Provent, Snorkel,
Magnaflow, Samco, ECO Tune
retired


Been beta testing their TCM for awhile. It's a fantastic upgrade and I'd highly recommend it. The euro TC is working well with this tune and their turbo kit with no signs of shudder with TC lockup at these lower rpm's. The TC will stay locked down as low as ~1400 rpm if you stay easy with the fuel pedal. All the lockup rpm's occur lower than stock. The first trip I made with the TCM where I felt the tranny lockup in 3rd, 4th and 5th at the substantially lower rpm's put a big smile on my face.
TDIwyse

Joined: 01/10/2009 06:58:20
Messages: 54
Offline
Anonymous wrote:Been beta testing their TCM for awhile. It's a fantastic upgrade and I'd highly recommend it. The euro TC is working well with this tune and their turbo kit with no signs of shudder with TC lockup at these lower rpm's. The TC will stay locked down as low as ~1400 rpm if you stay easy with the fuel pedal. All the lockup rpm's occur lower than stock. The first trip I made with the TCM where I felt the tranny lockup in 3rd, 4th and 5th at the substantially lower rpm's put a big smile on my face.


forgot to log in . . .
stoutdog

Joined: 19/07/2009 14:25:03
Messages: 11
Offline
GreenDieselEngineering wrote:
stoutdog wrote:
GreenDieselEngineering wrote:At this time we do not have any spare TCMs to do an exchange program, we are waiting on receiving an order of extra parts. The trans tune has been tested on aftermarket and stock torque converters and both seem to show good behavior thus far. We are a little concerned about the longevity of the stock TC in any case, but this just relates to the strength of the lock-up clutch springs. We did our best to make everything transparent and work well with the various hardware available on the KJ.


By this, do you mean that you are concerned about the longevity of the stock TC regardless of whether or not you have a tune? I don't particularly want to rapidly accelerate the death of my TC and then have to fork over another couple hundred bucks.



Yes we are concerned about the longevity of the stock TC regardless of what tune is in the vehicle as it is a borderline design. The trans tune should not cause shudder with stock engine power or with the ECO tune. There may be more driveline "grumble" when the trans is locked-up from 1400 rpm to 1600 rpm, but this is normal and will not cause long-term issues. It is just a function of the excitation frequency and the driveline stiffness...sorry for the engineer speak.

Thanks for the response, that is what I figured.... As soon as the stock TC starts to give me shudders, if ever, I plan on replacing it and upgrading to a HOT Tune. Engineer speak aside, I don't mind more driveline grumble... My previous truck was a '93 Cummins, and I doubt the CRD can ever compare to that
 
Forum Index » Transmission Tune
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.4.1 © 2015 JForum Team • Maintained by Andowson.com